Monday, October 10, 2011

A True Story of A Very Special Friend

A Quite a few years ago, I met a Young Man when I was out dancing. It was great, he loved to dance, and drank Diet Coke like I do. We met at many different places after that, for about a year.

He was a Minister of local Bikers for Christ. He was very sad, he was in the middle of a divorce. He just did not understand, and missed His Girls. I did what I could to help him.
We had made our first real date to go to dinner and then dancing. He was going to pick me up at the ranch on His Harley. I had met him early a couple of times to go for a ride. That Friday he never showed up, and I never heard from him again. I just knew he was not that kind of person, to just to leave without saying something.

After a couple of months, I called the church he was from and I asked about him. I was shocked to find out the person I got knew of me. He wanted to come by and see me, I told him no. So, he told me on the phone. That Friday He was on his way to see me. He pulled out on His bike, and a Woman, Drunk hit him. He was still in a coma; His Friend at the Church thanked me for what I had done for Him, also to please come by the Church.

I was told what hospital and where, but when I go to the hospital, His wife and Girls were there. So I left, never called again and never heard from anyone again.

Life gives us a few wonderful experiences and sometime takes our friends away, but the Memory and love for them goes on forever.

Many Blessings

2 comments:

  1. I talk about this type of thing every day of my life to those who will listen (which are usually very few) We meet strangers who may come into our lives for just a short time, we help one another (thats how it should be) and then, remain friends for the
    rest of our lives or maybe have to move along. Far or near STILL friends.
    I enjoyed this write Joyce (Little White Dove) Pacifico friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you

    I am so glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete